At TruAcre, we like to think we look at things a little differently. Hiring for a position is more than finding the perfect resume, it's about finding that person who gets us, and we mean really gets us. A person who's not afraid to think outside the box, share their passion, work crazy-hard but also have some fun.
If this sounds like your dream company, we want to talk to you!
Precision Technology Specialist
Two (2) Positions Available
Located within the J.J. Nichting store in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa and Pilot Grove, Iowa.
The Precision Technology Specialist position is responsible for promoting the sales of precision agriculture products and services that will most benefit the customer and their operation. Provide consulting services, expertise, and training for the sale and support of TruAcre support agreements.
- A person in this position is expected to perform the following essential functions:
- Determines customers' precision farming equipment needs and develops, promotes, and quotes systems to the customer based on gathered information.
- Schedules and facilitates precision farming equipment demonstrations.
- Sells, installs, calibrates and supports precision farming equipment.
- Troubleshoots and corrects issues which arise with customers’ Technology in assigned territory.
- Build new customer base to provide technology and support agreements to.
- Perform on-farm calls, foster relationships with potential key accounts, both current customers and prospects.
- Organizes and maintains a customer profile and a record of communications and sales history for each customer.
- Makes sure Precision Farming equipment sold is properly billed out in a timely manner.
- Communicates weekly schedule to COO and account executive.
- Attends all necessary company meetings and training programs by TruAcre and current suppliers of technology.
- Responsible for cross-selling and working across various partnerships to look for areas to increase services to customers.
- Manage and maintain Automated Crop Insurance and the procedures to submit data to the customers policy.
- Maintain current product knowledge on all new/used equipment potentially saleable by TruAcre, including features/benefits and machine compatibility/ technology integration.
- Performs all other functions as assigned by COO.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires travel that is dependent on the radius of the Technician's current and prospective accounts. Traveling outside normal working hours should be expected. The Specialist must have and maintain a valid driver’s license, satisfactory driving record, and have the ability to travel independently and overnight.
This position operates in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, and professional office environment. It is expected that the applicant tell the truth, work hard, and have fun with a good attitude.
Education and Requirements
This position normally requires a Bachelor’s degree in an agriculture, GIS/GPS, or marketing related discipline, or the equivalent thereof, and 1 - 2 years or more of related work experience or internships to demonstrate knowledge of precision technology and crop production management. He/She must obtain and maintain Crop Insurance license.
Email your resume to Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org and also Click Here to complete the Culture Index.